Thursday, July 10, 2008

Removing fishing line from your reel

As I was getting the boat ready for tomorrows fishing trip with my old man I spent quite a bit of time replacing old line on one of our many rods. Removing fishing line from the reel is one of my least favorite activities. As I was doing it today I spent some time thinking that there must be a better way and when I got back to my place decided to do a google search. I found a great little video of a product that fits into your drill and removes the old line in seconds.

It looks like it would be fairly easy to make something similar for yourself with an old bait casting reel and a drill attachment. I know that there are some fancy electronic line removers that tackle shops use, but this method would be cheap, fairly easy to make and be very easy to use.

If you do watch the video and/or have any grand ideas feel free to drop me a comment and tell me all about it.



(sorry for the poor video quality)

0 comments: