Sunday, July 6, 2008

Loop Knot (Anglers Loop) - Fishing Knots

My wife decided it would be a good day to have a walk along the beach and a bit of a fish and then some breakfast (I wasn't going to argue). As I was setting up for tomorrows fishing trip I was experimenting with a new rig and remembered a great knot for attaching lures which I thought I would share with my readers.

The loop knot or "anglers loop" is one of the most popular methods of attaching a lure to a monofilament or fluorocarbon leader. It is extremely popular because it allows the lure to swing freely which means the lure can swim with a more natural action. A lure with a quality action often leads to more bites and more fish!

How to tie a loop knot
The loop knot is quite simple to tie with a bit of practice and is absolutely essential if you are an avid user of lures. It is a sufficiently strong knot and can be tied in both light and heavy line strengths. This instructional video shows the process very clearly.


0 comments: