Monday, July 14, 2008

Funny fishing quotes

I thought I would take a break from the usual "instructional" type posts and try something a little bit different and hopefully fun! Enjoy these funny fishing quotes:

"The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad." - A.K. Best

"My Biggest worry is that when I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it." - Koos Brandt

"Today she met me at the door, said I would have to choose, if I picked that fishing pole today, she'd be packing all her things and she'd be gone by noon....well I'm gonna miss her!" - Brad Paisley

"Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it." - Ed Zern

"Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn." - Chuck Clark

There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. - Steven Wright

"Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf. You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time." - Anon

"I knew my tippet was too big when the willow tree I'd hooked on my back cast came flying over my head." - Jimmy D Moore

"I don't exaggerate... I just remember BIG!" - Anon

"The two happiest days in a boat owner's life are the day he buys the boat and the day he sells it." -
Avery Wiseman

* I have tried to attribute these quotes to the correct author. Any corrections are needed please leave a comment

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like those quote. I especially identify with the quote about hooking a tree on your back cast. I've done that a time or two.

Tom said...

I too have hooked the odd tree. Actually I think any angler that says they haven't is probably lying.

Thanks for the comment.

FL Captain said...

why is fish catch size different from the wives.. in one the biggest catch isn't as great to brag about.

http://www.floridaboatsearch.com