Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Grinner Knot - Fishing Knots

The grinner knot is not a knot I am very familiar with although I use variations of this knot for attaching braided lines to a swivel. It is reputedly one of the best ways to attach all the different line types (monofilament, fluorocarbon and braid) to a swivel or hook and in some cases lures. This makes it a very versatile knot and coupled with the knot strength (which is very high) the knot is certainly one all anglers should have in their arsenal.

This knot is fairly easy to tie and after a couple of practice knots it became quite easy to tie quickly. I also found that the knot was surprisingly strong as when I got snagged it was very difficult to break! The knot is one of the most secure fishing knots I have used and it just does not slip. It is certainly worth a try.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was very interesting for me to read this article. Thanx for it. I like such topics and anything connected to them. I definitely want to read a bit more on that blog soon.