Monday, February 4, 2008

A Sharks Love (100th post)

I really can't believe it - 100 posts already and my interest hasn't wained! I am actually enjoying it more now than when I first started. One of the best things about blogging is the contacts you make and the info for todays post was sent to me by one of these contacts (thanks jon)

Sharks Love

The French Magazine "Le magazine des voyages de pĂȘche" in its 56th edition, brought up an amazing news: An astonishing love story.

"Arnold Pointer a professional fisherman from south of Australia set free from a certain death a big female White Shark that was caught in his fishing nets. Now the fisherman has a problem: He says: "It's been 2 years and she doesn't leave me alone. She follows me everywhere I go and her presence scares all the fishes. I don't know what to do anymore."
It is hard to get rid of an almost 17 feet long shark since the White Sharks are protected by the wildlife conservation, but a mutual affection established between Arnold and "Cindy".

Arnold Says: "Once I stop the boat she comes to me, she turns on her back and let me pet her belly and neck, she grunts, turn her eyes, and move her fins up and down hitting the water happilly..."

However, even more interesting than the story is the powerpoint presentation to go with it (you can also find the video on youtube.

If you want to have a look the powerpoint can be found here (spyware and virus free):
Download sharks love powerpoint

Or you can watch the video of the same thing right here:




While this story has been proven as a hoax it still has some amazing pictures.

4 comments:

Mike Richard said...

Good evening Tom!

I guess we have the same passion: fishing!

Great blog, keep up the good work.

Mike Walleye
href="http://www.mike-walleye.blogspot.com">Mike Walleye Fishing Blog

Anonymous said...

Tom, apparently its a hoax. That's why I sent it to you. Thanks for the plug!

Tom said...

Hi Mike
Thanks for the comment - glad you liked the blog! I had a look at yours and liked what I saw.

Jon
Thanks again for the powerpoint. After a bit of research I found out that the pictures are indeed real, but were taken by South African scientists and not a fisherman with a shark crush :-)

Anonymous said...

For fishing accessories you can check at: http://fishing-accessories.info