After my post yesterday I thought I would add some tuna recipes to my blog and if you use the light canned tuna like the post suggests you will most likely not have any problems. Remember that fish is still part of a balanced diet.
I have tried to gather some of the easier recipes. These recipes are great for unexpected guests or a quick meal. I am no chef, but even I can make these!
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- In a medium bowl, blend tuna, cream cheese, 1/2 the pecans and onion. Shape into a ball or loaf. coat with remaining pecans. Refrigerate until serving.
- 1 (7 ounce) can solid white tuna packed in water, drained
- 1/4 cup creamy salad dressing (such as Miracle Whip™)
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish, or to taste
- Mash tuna together with salad dressing and relish in a small bowl with a fork. Serve.
Finally I found this video of an old favorite Tuna Noodle Casserole - enjoy.
Thanks to allrecipes.com for the yummy tuna dishes.