Sunday, January 27, 2008

Replacing my fishing rods

Dad was kind enough to find a store (or two) open today and offered to take me out and buy me a replacement rod to make up, in part, for the ones that were stolen. Thanks Dad! I also purchased a cheap combo to tide me over and get us back out on the water, hopefully, next weekend. It's going to be a slow process of building up my tackle supply again and I am still discovering things that were stolen, which isn't such a nice feeling. It also looks like the thieves also tried to activate our EPIRB from the boat so I am glad they didn't succeed at that!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurricane Alicia hit Galveston, Texas in 1983 and almost completely destroyed the first floor of my beach house. One wall was left standing and it was the wall on which all 10 of my fishing rods were hung.

I had 7 guns stolen once so I know what you are going through.

Tom said...

Hurricanes (or cyclones in Australia) are terrible things - I too have been through a few, but luckily never a really big one.

Sorry to hear you too have fallen prey to the dirty thieves!