Thursday, January 24, 2008

Choosing a rod and reel for your kids

I found this great little video today doing my daily youtube trawl and thought I would share it with my readers. Choosing a rod and rell for your kids can be a hard task with many different styles available each with their advantages and disadvantages. This great video quickly describes the advantages and disadvantages of two popular types of kids combos.

My thoughts
If your kid seems to be really into fishing and excited about the prospect of heading out with Dad or Mum on the water I think that starting off with a spinning reel and getting them to practice is the best way. Kids excited about fishing probably won't mind just practicing for a while. If your kids are a little more unsure about the idea of fishing you really can't go past a closed faced reel because that will have them in the action straight away.

enjoy the video

0 comments: