Sunday, May 11, 2008

Smoked Trout Recipe - (How to smoke trout)

It was my anniversary yesterday and being a seafood lover I had to order the smoked trout on the menu. It was absolutely delicious and is the inspiration for todays post.

Many people don't consider trout when it comes to smoking and they tend to stick with the more traditional smoked salmon. While I consider trout to be one of the best fish to smoke, I find that almost any fish can be smoked and this recipe could also be used on a variety of fish species.

This recipe takes quite a while to cook, but is simple to prepare. The ingredients are as follows:

  • Whole Trout
  • Brown Sugar
  • Rock Salt
  • Table Salt
  • Your favorite seasonings (curry, teragon, lemon etc.)
  • Olive Oil
  • Lemon Juice
  • Garlic Salt
  • Lemon Slices
The instructions for this recipe are in the following video


Most good quality smokers can be used for this recipe.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love smoked fish. Never tried smoked trout, but I bet it's great.