Friday, December 7, 2007

Fishing - What does it mean to you?

Fishing is one of those things where you can be sitting with someone in complete silence, but never feel closer. The day my Dad came home with a boat changed our relationship forever even though I didn't realise why at the time. Recently I was sitting out on the boat with my old man, we weren't saying much, but we never really do. It got me thinking about what fishing means to me. I bet when my old man has finally left this earth these are the times I will remember the most fondly. Now don't get me wrong I love catching fish and get pretty grumpy when we have had a bad day on the water, but the bonding I have had with my Dad, will in the end be what I carry for the longest.

If you have a son or daughter take them fishing - they could do much worse with their lives than quietly passing the time on the water. I know for certain that fishing has kept me out of trouble more than once. So go on get out there - you never know where it might take you.

So that leads me to my question - what does fishing mean to you...? Feel free to leave a comment.

0 comments: