Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Fish recipe - Salmon Cakes (fish patties)

Salmon cakes (or patties as I call them) is one of my favorite go to recipes when I can't decide what I want for dinner. Salmon is tasty, very good for you and is readily available in most parts of the world. You can also replace the salmon in the dish with other similar fish which maked this a very versatile dish.

The recipe I use for salmon cakes is a Creole recipe that is full of flavor and I found a great video showing the process. The chef in the video also makes his own mayonnaise, which isn't too hard and tastes fantastic. I know what I am having for dinner tonight!

For this recipe you will need:

  • 3 cups of Salmon
  • 1/4 Veg Stock
  • 1/2 Onion
  • Red Bell Pepper
  • Green Bell Pepper
  • Orange Bell Pepper
  • Celery
  • Lemon
  • Sesame Seeds
  • Breadcrumbs
  • Red Pepper Flakes
  • Cayenne Pepper
  • Chilli Pepper
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not a huge fan of salmon, but those do sound pretty good. I may have to try making these when my Dad gets back from Alaska. He always brings lots of salmon back with him.

Tom said...

I must also admit that I am not a huge fan of salmon either, but I love these salmon cakes!