Friday, April 18, 2008

How to make beer batter - fish recipe

I must admit I love fried seafood and one of my favorite batter recipes is beer batter. It has such a lovely flavor and creates a delicious crispy coating on almost anything you can think of frying. I have personally used it on everything from fish to zucchini fritters and friends always comment on it's flavor and crispiness (and it is a great way to get your kids to eat their veggies!).

For this recipe you will need the following ingredients:

  • Plain Flour
  • Ground Nut Oil (this can be substituted with other oils)
  • Beer
  • Salt and Pepper
  • Spices (optional)
  • Seafood to batter
This recipe is very simple, but it makes great batter. You will probably find that it makes better batter than packet batter and contains much less salt than the packet variety, which is better for your health.

I recommend experimenting with different foods to batter as you never know when you will find a gem of a battered dish that you had never thought of (a bit like my Zucchini fritters).

Beer Batter Recipe
It is all explained in this short easy to follow video

0 comments: