Sunday, October 14, 2007

Surgeons Loop - Fishing Knots and Rigs

I have decided to give the whole fishing knots and rigs section an overhaul and I have decided to go down the video route. Videos give a much better visual description than I can give with pictures and written descriptions as you can see every stage of the knot - leave a comment and tell me what you think about this new feature.

This fishing knot is great for when a quick, easy, yet strong, fishing loop. Loops are often used to hold sinkers or to attach leaders and traces. This knot can also be tied in the dark, which makes it one to learn for most types of fishing.

I use this knot at the bottom of my paternoster rig to hold my sinker. The benefit of this is that I can change sinker weight when required.



The guy in the video is using blue rope for demonstration purposes only.


This video is presented by http://fishing-live-bait.com

0 comments: