Monday, March 24, 2008

Recipes for baked cod

Baked cod is one of the first meals I remember eating in my life and was a family favorite for years until I rediscovered my love of fishing and began bringing home to odd keeper for dinner. Cod has many nutritional benefits including Omega-3 oil, lower your risk of heart disease, control high blood pressure and many more. A four-ounce serving of cod provides 1/2 your RDI of protein and contains only 119 calories!

Easy Baked Cod Recipe
This video shows a really great baked cod recipe that is really easy to make yourself. It only takes 5 minutes to prepare and about 25 minutes to cook and requires the following ingredients:

  • 2lbs Cod Fillets
  • 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
  • 3 tbsp butter (can be substituted with olive oil)
  • 3 tbsp Lemon Juice
  • Salt and pepper (to taste)


Other easy baked cod recipes
  • 1 1/2 lbs cod fillet (fresh or frozen)
  • 1 tbsp butter
  • Salt & pepper
  • 4 tomatoes, sliced
  • 2 cups Swiss cheese
  • 1/2 cup half and half (cream)

Remove skin and bones. Dry with paper towel. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Melt butter in baking dish. Place fish topped with tomato slices. Sprinkle with cheese and pour cream over all. Bake 25 minutes or until fish flakes

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice recipe, you made my mouth water. I will have to share this with my up coming clients this year.

Thanks,

Tall Tale Fishing Charters"

Tom said...

Glad you enjoyed the recipe. I must admit to being a huge baked fish fan!