Friday, December 12, 2008

Great fishing holidays

Currently I am on the road and am using one of those fancy wireless internet usb connections to post this for you.

I have been on some great fishing holidays, The one where I caught my first tarpon was probably my favorite. My dream fishing destination is probably Fiji or Tonga but I would also like to fish New Zealand for the big trout that live in the many great rivers. I also would like to fish the Midway Islands (maybe I just want to fish everywhere).

Basically the point of this little post is that I am wondering what was your favorite fishing hoiday or dream destination? Please leave a comment.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well actually EVERY fishing holiday is great, I mean, even if you don't catch anything, you see great scenery, wildlife, etc. I guess I have enjoyed fly fishing in a variety of western Colorado rivers the best: The Colorado, Roaring Fork, the White River....and then there is salt water Fly Fishing in places like Mosquito Lagoon in Florida.....or fishing for Stripers or Blues on the Jersey Coast....or.....

I guess it is hard to pick a favorite....

Unknown said...

I'd have to agree with dan, any opportunity to spend some time on the water is fine with me. Here in Texas we have the Lower Laguna Madre, miles and miles of crystal clear shallow water, and close to home..

Capt Chris M said...

Everyone can usually remember catching their first tarpon. It is definietly my favorite fish. Unfortunately, we only get them in the summer months here in central Florida. I would like to fish the Seychelles or spend a few weeks fishing tarpon, snook, and bonefish in the Yucatan.

We have great fishing for redfish and trout here but it would be great to travel to other areas.

Cocoa Beach Fishing Guide

stoica said...

I envy you , I want to go fishing but here in Romania is winter and I can't take off work to go fishing :(

FishVids said...

Yes, fishing holidays are the best!